- AFCAE | Association Française des Cinémas d'Art et d'Essai The AFCAE is the association for arthouse cinemas in France with more than 1200 member cinemas. The association promotes the diversity of the cinema landscape with actions such as "Coup de Coeur Suprise", the "European Arthouse Cinema Day" together with the CICAE and Europa Cinemas, the "Festival cinéma AFCAE/Telérama and Enfants" as well as the "Prix des Cinémas Art et Essai". more info
- AG Kino-Gilde e.V. The Arbeitsgemeinschaft Kino - Gilde deutscher Filmkunsttheater e.V. (AG Kino - Gilde) is a network of independent commercial cinemas in Germany. more info
- Arthouse Cinema Training CICAE’s annual Arthouse Cinema Training is a one-week intensive program bringing together arthouse exhibition professionals from around to world to gain in-depth insight into the management of a movie theatre. more info
- CICAE The CICAE, the international confederation of art cinemas, is a network of national cinema unions, independent cinemas, film festivals and distributors. more info
- Cinema Vision 2023 Innovation conference of the three German cinema associations AG Kino - Gilde, Bundesverband kommunale Filmarbeit and HDF KINO more info
- COUP DE CŒUR SURPRISE Every month, the AFCAE offers a surprise preview to cinema-goers in member cinemas. Each participating cinema can choose from a selection of 4 films, proposed in agreement with the distributors, and organize a screening. The aim of this initiative is to offer additional entertainment to member cinemas, based on the relationship of trust and loyalty that cinemas have with their audiences, while at the same time promoting the collective work of the arthouse movement throughout France. The aim is to create a new regular monthly event. more info
- European Arthouse Cinema Day The yearly event celebrates arthouse cinema and film worldwide. Each year, More than 4,000 screens in 42 countries participate. more info
- Junges Kino Through the 'Young Cinema - Networks for the Future' initiative, 33 diverse projects targeting various age groups have been successfully executed nationwide, driving audience development in the realm of youth-oriented cinema. more info
- KINO:NATÜRLICH A project by AG Kino-Gilde e.V. to make cinemas throughout Germany more environmentally sustainable. more info
- Kinodoktor - Qualitätsmanagement für Kinos "Kinodoktor" is an initiative for cinema operators by AG Kino - Gilde, BkF and HdF Kino, funded by Neustart Kultur for quality management for cinemas. more info
Meet the authors
We are more than happy to have such talented authors on board with us. And we are growing: We ask you to participate as well. We would love to offer you the opportunity to share your expertise, ideas and experiences on the hub.
Daniel is the co-owner of the cosy arthouse cinema IL KINO in Berlin and project manager of the AG Kino Gilde e.V. project Kino:Natürlich, which aims to make cinemas in Germany more environmentally sustainable. more from the author
Deborah Shirley Cohrs shirleys
Deborah is an expert in digital communication. In the German cinema landscape, she accompanies arthouse cinemas, advises cinema associations, and shares her knowledge in workshops. As an editor, she also writes for the German Ideas Platform "Zurück ins Kino". more from the author
Dominga Ortúzar CICAE
Dominga Ortúzar is a Chilean film professional currently living and working in Berlin. Before joining the CICAE in June 2023 as Project Manager of the Arthouse Cinema Training, she was the Director of national programs of the Chilean Audiovisual Fund, General Manager of the Chilean national cinema network, and General Manager of the promotion agency CinemaChile. In addition to her current role as producer at Oro Films, she works for Berlinale Talents and teaches film production and film distribution in Catalyst Film School Berlin. more from the author
Olimpia Pont Cháfer CICAE
Olimpia Pont Cháfer is a Spanish film consultant based in Berlin. She has experience in several fields like film programming, distribution and sales. She works for different festivals such the Seville European Film Festival or the Sarajevo Film Festival. Between 2009 and 2016 she headed the sales department of the international company Coproduction Office. Since 2017 she is project manager of the European Arthouse Cinema Day. more from the author
Sebastian Naumann CICAE
Sebastian is the General Delegate of the CICAE since May 2023. With a diverse background working in Berlin, London, Paris, New York, and Amsterdam, Sebastian Naumann is an expert in audiovisual media landscapes, (political) storytelling, and multilateral, cross-cultural cooperation. He has a wealth of experience as a culture journalist, project manager, and researcher of AV Media, Culture, and Creative Industries. He also pursued a PhD at King’s College London and Humboldt University Berlin, further enriching his expertise in the field. Both in his professional and private life, Sebastian is deeply committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion and is passionate about promoting independent, free, and diverse cinema culture. more from the author
Valentin Jassin CICAE
Valentin is administrative and finance assistant at the CICAE since April 2022. He is also the French referent of the team and thus participates in our relationships with our French-speaking correspondents.Educated in cinema in Paris between the rue Champollion and the big networks, he worked as a projectionist in many cinemas and was trained in arthouse cinema management in Lyon through a master’s degree at the university and in the Cinémas Lumière. more from the author
How to participate?
- Write us an e-mail with your name, occupation, country, short bio and your idea.
- Your idea does not have to be fully edited already, simply let us know about the content you would like to share.
- We will contact you immediately with a blueprint and you can start writing.
- Of course, our team of editors will support you during the process.*
- Time to publish!
*You can always choose to write in your preferred language and we will translate for you.